Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Movies & Trends

Bridal Wars is coming out on Friday and I have to admit I am really excited to see it. Plus, Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway are two of my favorite actresses. You would think I would get sick of wedding related movies, but it never gets old to me. I cannot help it, but when I see a preview for anything wedding related, I must watch it.

One of favorite movies of all time is Steel Magnolias which of course opens with a wedding between Julia Robert's character, Shelby and Dylan McDermott's character, Jackson. To be honest, when I first saw this movie, as a teen, I always wanted a pink wedding & dress just like Shelby. I eventually grew out of this phase and when it came time to get married, decided on a different, more “in” color scheme.

It is interesting how trends can influence a wedding. In fact, so many easily just come and go over the years. However, I know one that will always remain and that is personalization. I believe it is so important to truly represent the bride and groom’s individuality. It can play a part into everything from the cocktail napkins to the type of music played at the ceremony. So, whatever it may be, just personalize it like Shelby did.

No comments: